Friday, May 15, 2009

Growing up



If you know Jake at all he is the least serious child you will ever meet - a big Goofball! A big Goofball that LOVES baseball.

Jake will practices during the week, have an hour practice on Sunday before a two hour game, and on the way home he will still BEG his dad to play catch with him when we get home. I LOVE watching him play. I love watching his passion for the game, when he is on that pitchers mound that Goofball turns into a little man...a man...but he is not a man he is just a little boy. The little baby boy that didn't get to come home from the hospital for 31 days because he weighed a mere 3lbs 9oz at birth, because he couldn't mantaine his body temperature, because he couldn't eat on his own, and he couldn't go a full night without sleep apnea. This was the same little man/boy on that mound. I choke up everytime he is up there, part of is because I know he wants that shut out so bad, I can feel it in my bones, but a bigger part is because he is here, a healthy 8 year old little man/boy.
Couldn't wait for his first word, then his first step, play his first sport...I couldn't wait...now I just want it to slow down I want to savor every moment. I know this is something a lot of parents go through, but recently I got a wake up call. "You have stop wishing the time away" it could be gone in the blink of an eye. Enjoy, Love and Savor every moment of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment